PRB: Incoming email to a domain is blocked by firewall
This article applies to:
- Trustwave SEG/MailMarshal SMTP
- Watchguard Firewall
- New local domain added
- Mail from external servers is not delivered
- MailMarshal server logs show connection established but quit before email body was received
- Possible error message '553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large'
- Watchguard Firewall Proxied SMTP Server is blocking transmission.
Ensure that the Watchguard firewall settings for Proxied SMTP Services are configured to allow incoming email to the new domain.
- For details of Watchguard configuration please refer to Watchguard documentation.
- Other vendors' firewalls may cause similar issues.