This article applies to:
- Trustwave SEG/MailMarshal SMTP
- Trustwave ECM/MailMarshal Exchange
Will MailMarshal run on a Microsoft Windows Server Cluster?
Yes, the following versions of MailMarshal are ready to be installed in a Microsoft Windows Cluster environment in an Active/Passive configuration.
- Trustwave SEG 7.X and 8.X (Normally for the Array Manager - see notes below)
- MailMarshal Exchange/ECM 7.X (Array Manager only)
- MailMarshal Exchange (versions 5.1 and 5.2)
- MailMarshal SMTP 5.X
- MailMarshal SMTP 2006 (release 6.1.6 and above)
- MailMarshal SMTP (6.2 and above)
Please note that the following MailMarshal versions do NOT support clustering:
- MailMarshal SMTP 6.0 through 6.1.5
- MailMarshal Exchange 5.3, and processing servers for MailMarshal Exchange/ECM 7.X (these versions and roles must be installed on Exchange Hub Transport servers, and Hub Transport servers cannot be clustered)
For step-by-step guides to the configuration of supported products in a cluster, see the technical papers found on our Documentation pages (requires customer login):
- MailMarshal Exchange
- MailMarshal SMTP
- See separate documents for each supported version.
- For an array installation with multiple email processing servers, Trustwave strongly recommends using load balancing (rather than clustering) to support failover of processing servers. This method is simpler and more scalable.
- This article was previously published as: