This article applies to:
- What are the Release Notes for Trustwave SEG 8.0?
Trustwave SEG version 8.0.3 (188.8.131.5202) was released on September 20, 2017.
The Release Notes included with the product are accurate as of the date of publication.
This article provides any additional information or corrections generated after that date.
SEG 8.0.2 and above includes a fix for an issue with SpamProfiler. This fix was previously available as a hotfix to release 8.0.0. Customers using 8.0.0 should install either the hotfix, or the latest release.
Note that SEG 8.X is a 64 bit application.
- The upgrade process migrates most settings and files to a new location.
- You must install new (64 bit) versions of virus scanners on each processing node and allow engine and signature updates to complete BEFORE upgrading SEG. Downloading the initial engine and signatures can take up to 15 minutes.
- If you require any SEG services to run as specific accounts, after upgrade you must edit the new services and set the account credentials. By default the new services run under the local system account.
- Read release notes carefully before starting the upgrade.
8.0.3 RPC version change
SEG 8.0.3 components are not compatible with earlier 8.0 releases.
- When upgrading to 8.0.3 you must upgrade all components including the Array Manager, processing servers, and user interfaces.
File Type and Unpacker updates
SEG 8.0.3 as released includes File Type DLL version 8.0.0 and Unpacker DLL version 8.0.0.
Updates to the File Type and Unpacker DLLs are published as required. For details of the most recent changes including the Release Notes, see article Q20446.
CountryCensor not supported
The CountryCensor technology is not available for SEG 8.X. If you still have rules that use this deprecated feature, you must remove them from the configuration before upgrading. This requirement is enforced by the installer version 8.0.2 and above. For details, see article Q20859.
Operating System support - SBS 2011
Installation of SEG 8.0 is supported on SBS 2011.